About Worship Arts
The worship experience at Peoples Church is a central part of the makeup of our church. It is a reflection of heaven on earth. It depicts Revelation 7:9 as we worship together from many nations.
THREE ESSENTIALS OF PEOPLES CHURCH WORSHIP
Cultural Inclusion: Through the arts we celebrate the expressions of one’s culture and uniqueness through worship. Psalm 86:9
Excellence: Excelling in musicianship and continually developing the talents that God has given to us. Psalm 33:3
Community: Growing relationally with each other and having a genuine love for people. Philippians 2:1-4
The vision of Peoples Church Worship is to “develop highly influential God worshippers” in the community of Peoples Church and in the community in which we live and work. We desire to see people saved, healed, set free, discipled, equipped, empowered and serving in ministry in the context of our community and through meaningful relationships.
We believe that praise is declaring to the principalities, powers, and rulers of darkness what God has done, is doing and will do (Ephesians 6:12). We are called to demonstrate what Jesus carried out in His earthly ministry (1 John 3:8), a demonstration that is manifested by the words we speak and by our obedience to God’s Word (Proverbs 18:21, 1 Samuel 15:22). Worship creates an atmosphere where faith can be fueled. Faith creates an atmosphere of expectancy where miracles can happen.
We believe that worship is a lifestyle response to a holy, omnipotent God. If praise is declaring what God has done, is doing or will do, then worship is declaring (and living) who God is. If we do not know who God is, we cannot worship Him in spirit and in truth (John 4:24). Our corporate worship should be a natural extension of the relationship we have with God when we are alone. When we join together in one accord to worship the Lord as the singers and musicians did in 2 Chronicles 5:13-14, we believe that the tangible presence of Almighty God will fill the sanctuary resulting in changed, transformed and renewed lives.
CORE – We realize the significance and importance of understanding the foundations of true worship, and we commit to furthering our knowledge of these foundations. God desires a heart that follows Him, and we commit to worshiping Him not only with our instruments and our voices but also with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength. Worship is a lifestyle and not an event, and we want our life to be a living sacrifice for Him.
CHARACTER – We commit to continuing our pursuit of Christ-likeness through many means including the following:
• Prayer – we will pray for Peoples Church Worship Family, our leaders and Peoples Church. We will pray for the services each week and come to rehearsals and events spiritually prepared to lead people into a personal encounter with God.
• Private Worship – we will worship in our quiet time and will live a life of worship everywhere we go.
• Bible Reading – we love to read God’s Word and we will commit to reading His Word on a consistent basis.
• Bible Study – we want to know Him more and we commit to studying His Word with consistency and passion.
• Christ-likeness – we realize that He has called us to a life that will reflect His likeness and we commit to allowing His Holy Spirit to lead us into a lifestyle of sanctification and separation from the things of this world that could contaminate our spirit and body.
• Tithes & Offerings – we commit to returning the Lord’s tithe and to honor God with our financial offerings throughout the year.
CRAFT – God has blessed us with the opportunity to serve Him using the gifts and talents He has given to us. We commit to continuing our pursuit of excellence through many means including the following:
• We commit to at least one hour of practicing and playing through all songs within 24 hours of our scheduled ministry time.
• Strive to play/sing all songs well and not to be dependent on charts during service times.
• We will be ready to rehearse and in position before all scheduled rehearsals as well as service times.
• We will be prepared to make any changes to the arrangements and production of all songs on the song list and will be willing to work with all music/vocal directors while exhibiting a helpful and positive attitude.
• We have reviewed all dress code requirements and will gladly adhere to set platform policies.
COMMUNITY –We commit to love, value, respect and protect those we serve through many means including the following:
• Trust – we commit to trust others within healthy boundaries while believing the best motives.
• Encouragement – we commit to affirm, build, and encourage others.
• Resolution – we commit to resolve conflict with forgiveness and reconciliation.
• Unity – we commit to walk in unity with grace and truth.
• Accountability – we commit to being accountable to others that we might produce fruitful returns.
• Fun – we commit to having fun as a team and family!
YOU ARE AWESOME
Seriously. We mean it. You are awesome. Your desire to serve God and volunteer at Peoples Church is really awesome. We know you have busy lives and lots to do, so the fact that you want to plug in with Worship Arts, serve and honor God alongside us means a lot to all of us.
Worship Pastor Reggie Lenzy
Assistant Worship Pastor Alek Beard
Administration Assistant Vesta Cox
Worship Leader JamieBaxter
Worship Leader/Musical Director James Denbow